- Bangkok Layover
- Hong Kong Layover (Novotel Nathan Road & Bo Innovation)
- HKG - ICN on Asiana Business Class with visits to Krisflyer and CNAC Lounges
- Seoul Layover (Grand Ambassador Hotel)
- ICN-FRA on Asiana First Class
- Frankfurt Layover(Ibis Frankfurt Centrum)
- FRA - ALA on Lufthansa First Class
- Destination Almaty - Impressions
- Destination Almaty - The Attractions
- Destination Almaty - The Food
- Destination Almaty - The Hotels
- Destination Almaty - The Surprise
- ALA - FRA on Lufthansa First Class
- 2nd Frankfurt Layover
- FRA - BKK on Thai First Class with Lufthansa First Class Lounge visit
- BKK - HKG on Thai First Class
- 2nd Hong Kong Layover with review of Novotel Citygate Hotel
The first part of the trip involve flying on Air Asia from Penang to Bangkok, spending an overnight in Bangkok and then leaving to Hong Kong early the next day. The flights on Air Asia was the typical Air Asia flights - not enough leg room, packed but cheap enough to bear for the couple of hours.
We stayed nearby the Suvarnabhumi at Kriss Residence Hotel. Since it was only for a couple of hours, we decided to go on the cheap. The rooms in the hotel was clean and adequate and even included free transfer to and from the airport all for a rate of ~800 Baht a night. The Novotel at the airport would have cost 5 times more!
The only thing lacking about the hotel is it's location. The hotel was located in a row of shops that we didn't have anything around it except for a 7-11 across the street. It was pretty dark and there were stray dogs running around that didn't bother us but could be scary for some folks. The closest restaurant and massage we found was a 5 minute walk away where we got good cheap, authentic Thai food and massage.