Saturday, December 3, 2011

Buy AA miles promo

American Airlines is offering a bonus when purchasing AA miles till Dec 31 2011. For every 6000 miles, you get a 2000 miles bonus. 6000 miles cost $165 USD so with this bonus, the cost is about 2 cents per mile. This is actually cheaper than the in famous on-going promo by US Airways. What's even better this time round is that AA has increase the yearly limit of purchased miles from 40,000 miles a year to 60,000 miles a year. This means that you can earn a maximum of 80,000 miles through this promo.

This promo does not make it super cheap to buy but might be a good idea for those looking to top off their AA accounts for an award. I currently have zero miles in my AA account and am actually considering buying some miles myself as I might need a one way ticket to the US sometimes next year. For 67.5K miles costing about ~$1.3K USD, I can redeem a first class ticket on Cathay to the US for that one way trip that I need to make.

Will probably wait till close to end of the promo to pull the trigger..

No comments:

Post a Comment