Saturday, July 21, 2012

Emirates First Class Overload: A380 round 2 - DXB to KUL


___________________________________________________________________________________

Truth be told, after hopping around the world in the last couple of weeks and having not enough sleep with a slight hangover, I was not that looking forward to this last flight of the trip. Yea, it was the A380 but I just wanted to get home and sleep in my own bed. I had to get up at 1.30am for my super early 4am flight! The complimentary Emirates car to the airport was already waiting for me when I got down to the lobby.

As expected, going through the formalities when traveling in first was painless. I was in the first class lounge a quick ten minutes after arriving at the airport. I wasn't particularly hungry but decided to pig out since I probably wasn't going to fly through Dubai especially on Emirates First Class for a while.

Salmon tartar

Beef Dumpling Soup

Buffet Selection

Cheese Selection from the Buffet

Brulee
The flight departed from a A380 gate right by the lounge with an aerobridge straight to the upper deck. A friendly stewardess welcomed me on board and showed me to my seat. I decided to on seat 4A for this flight just to try seating in different places. I would not recommend this seat as the sound from the galley did end up somewhat bothering me later during the flight. Minutes later, I was served the pre-departure Dom. Amenity kits and pajamas was also promptly distributed and this was the only flight that they gave me a pretty nice Emirates bag to put all the goodies in.

Seat 4A




Once we were airborne, one of the stewardess came by and made my seat into a bed. I finally found the most comfortable way to sleep by stacking up 3 pillows. Even though I only slept for 4+ hours, it was one of the best rest I've gotten on a plane.

My bed in the sky
Internet is available on most Emirates A380 aircraft and was available on my flight. It was not like it was cheap at $5USD for 30MB or I needed to be online but I decided to give it a try just to try it out. 30MB did go pretty far and I was able to send a bunch of emails, surf the web and check on facebook before the 30MB ran out when I fell asleep.


After a hearty American breakfast, it was time to join the mile high shower club :) All passengers were allocated five minutes of water and it was more than enough. Feeling totally refreshed, some fresh fruit and a cup of cappuccino was waiting for me when I got back to my seat.

 

Soon after, we landed in Kuala Lumpur and my last couple of days in luxury was over. I headed over to the LCCT to catch my Air Asia flight back to Penang with one last look at the "big boy plane".


2 comments:

  1. NIce flight. Thanks for sharing this here with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete