- Austin to Frankfurt: United Economy & Lufthansa First Class
- Frankfurt to Osaka: Lufthansa First Class
- Osaka to Bangkok: Thai Business Class
- Bangkok to Male via Singapore
- Seaplane Transfer to Conrad Maldives
- Beach Villa and Water Villa at Conrad Maldives
- Routine in Paradise
- Male to Dubai via Colombo: Emirates First Class
- Dubai to Paris: Emirates First Class
- Radisson Blu Champs Elysee
- Exploring Paris
- Paris to Houston via London: British Airways First Class
With six nights at the Conrad, we split our half our stay at a beach villa for the first three nights with the last three nights at a water villa for $150USD on top of the Hilton points we were paying. We beach villa was located on the main island, facing the house reef which allowed us to quickly hop in the water to meet our underwater friends everyday. The room itself was HUGE with plenty of room. We were welcomed to the room with some Christmas cookies and a bottle of red wine thanks to my Hilton Hhonor status. The unique feature of the beach villa was the outdoor shower and the humongous bath tub that we only used once since it did take almost 45 minutes to fill it up and being environmentally friendly, I wasn't too happy on wasting all that water.
|Sunset from the Water Villa|
Both rooms came with the widest selection of Nespresso pods and TWG teas I've seen offered at a hotel ever. The rooms also came equipped with a an Ipod with a preloaded Conrad Maldives app that provided extensive information of the island and various dining and excursion options.
Overall, we both preferred the water villa since it provided more privacy and seemed more refined and exclusive. However, if we were to return to the Conrad Maldives, we would opt for one of the water villas on the main island since it provided easier and closer access to the house reef.