- The low-cost part of the trip: Penang to Hong Kong
- Hong Kong “forced” layover
- 1st time in first class: Hong Kong United and Thai First Lounge
- 1st time in first class: Hong Kong to Bangkok
- The Thai F experience in Bangkok
- Bangkok to Dubai
- Dubai Layover
- Dubai to Istanbul
- Istanbul Layover
- Istanbul to Moscow
- Moscow to Frankfurt
- Frankfurt Layover
- Lufthansa First Class Terminal
- More 1st Class – Frankfurt to Cairo
- Cairo Layover
- Cairo to Istanbul
- RIP THY 1st class: Istanbul to Hong Kong
This flight was supposed to be in first class when we booked the trip in March 2010 but Thai swapped the A346 to a 2-class B772. The flight was delayed about an hour due to waiting for in-bound passengers from Manila.
The 772 taking us to Dubai:
An hour after take-off, dinner was food. After the somewhat disappointed western offerings on our flight from Hong Kong to Bangkok, we decided to stick with the Asian options and it was the right choice - the food was better than the first class flight. More food and champange...
Bread and starter:
Rice and beef:
About an hour before landing, there was a snack service of a meat pastry but I skipped it as I was still full from all the food.