- The low-cost part of the trip: Penang to Hong Kong
- Hong Kong “forced” layover
- 1st time in first class: Hong Kong United and Thai First Lounge
- 1st time in first class: Hong Kong to Bangkok
- The Thai F experience in Bangkok
- Bangkok to Dubai
- Dubai Layover
- Dubai to Istanbul
- Istanbul Layover
- Istanbul to Moscow
- Moscow to Frankfurt
- Frankfurt Layover
- Lufthansa First Class Terminal
- More 1st Class – Frankfurt to Cairo
- Cairo Layover
- Cairo to Istanbul
- RIP THY 1st class: Istanbul to Hong Kong
We had a 3 hour layover in Bangkok before our flight to Dubai. There was a Thai Airways rep waiting for us right when we got off the plane. We were escorted from the plane, through security and to the First Class lounge with a buggy.
Buggy ride from plane to security:
When we got to the lounge, we inquired about the one hour body massage that the first class passengers were entitled for (business class passengers get a 30 minute shoulder or foot massage). The lounge agents called the spa and confirmed that the massage was available at this moment. We decided to do the massage first just in case it might not be available later on.
Lydia and I were showed to different rooms. We were given 5 kinds of massage oils to choose from. After a quick shower, the one hour massage was a good way to wait between flights.
Tea and champange:
Let's see how the Lufthansa and Turkish F experience at their home bases compare...