- Low Cost Portion - 2 flights and an overnight at KUL LCCT
- First time in Colombo
- First time on Emirates First Class – Colombo to Dubai
- Layover in Dubai with Le Meridien Hotel Review
- Emirates Dubai First Class Lounge
- Dubai to Male in Emirates First Class
- Visiting paradise again – Eriyadu Resorts, Maldives
- Leaving paradise - Finifenmaa Lounge and Dubai to Male in Emirates First Class
- 2nd Dubai Layover - Review of Novotel Dubai Deira City
- Emirates First Class - Dubai to Colombo
- Negombo, Colombo
- Getting home on Malaysia Airlines (Colombo - Kuala Lumpur - Penang).
We opted for AirAsia to get us to Colombo. We would take the last Penang to Kuala Lumpur flight of the day arriving in Kuala Lumpur at midnight. AirAsia's flight to Colombo leaves Kuala Lumpur at 6.15am and gets into Colombo at 7.15am giving us a whole day to explore Colombo. There's not too much to say about both the AirAsia flights as it was the typical AirAsia flight - uneventful, packed, horrible leg room and can't wait for the plane to land. Kind of regretted not booking a *A redemption on either Thai or Singapore.
On arrival in Kuala Lumpur, we couldn't check-in for our Colombo flight as the counters only open at 3.30am in the morning. AirAsia should just keep the baggage drop counters operational 24 hours. We therefore had to hang around landside for the next few hours. We spent the next few hours in landside Plaza Premium Lounge (there's another one airside that's actually next to it but separated by a wall) with free access provided by our credit cards. It would have sucked having to wait without the lounge access. The landside lounge has changed since the last time we were here. It's now larger and they "took" the bathrooms and shower facilities from the airside lounge. Food and drink options in the lounge were pretty crappy with an unknown brand "Jazz" beer as the only alcoholic selection. We tried to catch some shut eye by connecting to of the lounge chairs together. We managed to get ~3 hours sleep a person. I woke up just as the Champions League Final between Manchester United and Barcelona kicked of on the television in the lounge. We left the lounge right after Manchester get their butts kicked by Barcelona.