- Low Cost Portion - 2 flights and an overnight at KUL LCCT
- First time in Colombo
- First time on Emirates First Class – Colombo to Dubai
- Layover in Dubai with Le Meridien Hotel Review
- Emirates Dubai First Class Lounge
- Dubai to Male in Emirates First Class
- Visiting paradise again – Eriyadu Resorts, Maldives
- Leaving paradise - Finifenmaa Lounge and Dubai to Male in Emirates First Class
- 2nd Dubai Layover - Review of Novotel Dubai Deira City
- Emirates First Class - Dubai to Colombo
- Negombo, Colombo
- Getting home on Malaysia Airlines (Colombo - Kuala Lumpur - Penang).
As mentioned in the introduction, Emirates was kind enough to book us a layover hotel at the nearby Le Meridien Hotel since we had such long layover (~6am to ~3am). The hotel stay also included breakfast, lunch and dinner at some of the restaurants at the hotel. Lunch and dinner consisted of set meals at a choice of the Italian, Thai, Chinese, Irish, European or buffet at the Australian themed restaurant.
We took the complimentary Emirates limousine transfer to the hotel (with the limousine being just a 6 seater van). We were promptly checked in at the dedicated Emirates reception and shown to the room. We slept for the next couple of hours and completely missed the complimentary breakfast.
Pictures of the room:
For lunch we headed to the Sukhothai for lunch. The food and service was pretty good but definitely not truly 100% authentic with what one can get in Thailand.
After lunch, Lydia was still tired and headed back to the room for another nap while Calvin decided to hang out by 1 of the 3 pools enjoying a couple of beers. What a nice way to spend a layover! :)
Having visited Dubai before but during the night, we wanted to see the Burj Khalifah during the day and visit the infamous malls of the Dubai. We headed for Dubai Mall at around 5pm for some more shopping.
We also had the chance to see the Dubai Fountains. What a disappointment if compared to the Bellagio fountains! The show wasn’t spectacular at all and our jaws dropped in shock and disappointment after the show ended. We later however found out that the routine and songs for the show do change for 30 minutes but were too lazy to wait for the next one.
We returned to the hotel for dinner at the Italian restaurant. The food again was just average.