- Low Cost Portion - 2 flights and an overnight at KUL LCCT
- First time in Colombo
- First time on Emirates First Class – Colombo to Dubai
- Layover in Dubai with Le Meridien Hotel Review
- Emirates Dubai First Class Lounge
- Dubai to Male in Emirates First Class
- Visiting paradise again – Eriyadu Resorts, Maldives
- Leaving paradise - Finifenmaa Lounge and Dubai to Male in Emirates First Class
- 2nd Dubai Layover - Review of Novotel Dubai Deira City
- Emirates First Class - Dubai to Colombo
- Negombo, Colombo
- Getting home on Malaysia Airlines (Colombo - Kuala Lumpur - Penang).
There was a line when we got the gate. The ground agent indicated to a couple in front of us that there was a plane swap and they needed to have their seats changed. This is where we hoped for a substitution to a plane with the suites instead of the usual F seats but no dice.
Things got better however when we got to the aircraft. We were promptly informed that we would be the only ones on the flight in first class. Who needs the suites now?!? The Dom started flowing at this point too. Right after take-off, Lydia proceeded to head to sleep. Calvin however, wanted to maximize the experience in the aircraft and just stayed up throughout the 4 hour flight. I stayed up watching 2 movies while going through my “cocktail” of Dom, coffee and lots of water.
The ability to take crazy pictures when you have a private First Class cabin:
Seat in bed mode:
An hour before landing, breakfast was served.
Views of gorgeous islands on descent into Male: