Saturday, April 21, 2012

When 86 miles aint worth it!


So I'm stateside for some meetings and a conference. The plan was to fly to Sacramento after getting in to San Francisco on SQ. The distance from San Fran to Sacramento is a mere 86 miles so it's one of those get up/get down short flights. On arrival in San Fran, I found out that my flight would be delayed for about an hour. No big deal, I thought to myself as I could use the time to catch up on email after a long flight.

After clearing my inbox at the United Club, I went to check my flight status and was shocked that it was further delayed another 2 hours! Needless to say, I wasn't too happy. If I had just drove when I get to San Fran, I would have been in bed by now.

After mulling my options, I got offloaded from the flight and did drive instead taking about 2 hours to get to Sacramento. Talking to the agents in the United Club who helped me with my options, this flight does get delayed a lot and it's much better to just drive. Flying this one sector for the 86 miles ain't worth it and I'll drive again in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment