Friday, March 30, 2012

Farewell to Thai's Airbus 345: Los Angeles to Austin

__________________________________________________________________________________


There were no lines at the United premier check-in counters at LAX. I was done with check-in in about 5 minutes before approaching a relatively long security line. I was allowed to use the premium lines which was much shorter thanks to my Star Gold status and I was in United Club a quick 15 minutes after I arrived at LAX. 

As usual, I caught on email and coffee in the lounge. I also manage to snag a free upgrade to Economy Plus in lounge by just asking the ticketing agents working in the lounge. Yay to more leg room.

Retro United Livery



My flight today was operated by a CRJ-700 – not the most exciting plane to be on. It was an uneventful ~3 hour flight to Austin.  My luggage was already waiting for me when I got to the baggage claim area. I was hoping to head straight to work but I got stuck waiting for about 20 minute for my rental car from Hertyz to be read. They had to clean it and send it from another lot.  

View from my seat

No comments:

Post a Comment